If not you then who...
"I am only one, but still I am one;
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
And just because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." - Helen Keller
Because many greyhound rescue organizations are financially unable to take on the challenge of costly medical expenses for special needs greyhounds, the Circle of Compassion Fund has been created to provide funding to adoption groups for the urgent medical needs of these deserving greyhounds who would otherwise never know life as a treasured family companion. Together we can help these special needs greyhounds . . . do the something that you can do. Join the Circle of Compassion.
The Circle of Compassion bracelets are stretchy neoprene, not hard silicone. You can order one or two, or one in each color, or one for your wrist and one for your ankle. Or give them as gifts to others who care about the welfare of these special needs greyhounds.
100% of your donation for a Circle of Compassion bracelet will help a greyhound in need. All costs are being absorbed by the Greyhound Protection League.
| Donation Amount:
|| $10 per bracelet
| Shipping Costs:
|| $1 for up to four bracelets.
(Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional postage costs if ordering more than four bracelets.)
|| 6 inch length for smaller wrists
8 inch length for larger wrists and ankles
For checks, please send your order (quantity, size, and color information) and payment to:
Greyhound Protection League
c/o Barbara Smith
40 Spring Meadow Lane
Reading, PA 19606
Or, pay via Paypal by sending payment to email@example.com. (Please include quantity, size, and color information in the "Note" field.)
Circle of Compassion Medical Fund
The Circle of Compassion Medical Fund is designed to ensure that more greyhounds will be given a chance for life and to avoid the tragic situation of a greyhound being left behind due to the limited financial resources of the rescue group. Serious track injuries and the excessive cost of rehabilitating older farm dogs are the most typical situations that challenge adoption groups financially; however, other medical expenses will also be considered by the review board.
- Funding is primarily intended for greyhound adoption organizations that operate under 501(c)3 non-profit status.
- Other circumstances, such as shelter rescues, will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on funding availability and various other factors.
- Funding is available only for recently acquired greyhounds.
- Disbursements will be made upon completion of required paperwork and approval by the board.
- Emergencies will be handled on an expedited basis. The emergency contact number is: 888.842.4404.
- An expense estimate and/or a corresponding invoice from the treating veterinarian will be required.
- The board reserves the right to verify charges prior to disbursement of funds.
- Disbursement of funds will be made either as a reimbursement to the group or as direct payment to the veterinary clinic.
- Grants will be in amounts up to $1,000.00 per greyhound.
- Preferential treatment will be given to groups with limited financial resources.
All applications will be given serious consideration; disbursements will be made upon approval by the board.
Download application (PDF)